You want to control your Vizio Soundbar with a universal remote. In that case, you need to set up your favorite universal remote using one of the below codes.
After the code lists, you will find step by step instructions on programming your universal remote using the codes provided and two alternative methods in case that did not work.
If a code does not seem to work, try with another one. We are constantly updating our lists with new codes.
Vizio Blu-ray Player universal remote codes
Table of contents
- Vizio Sound Bar 4 Digit Universal Remote Codes
- Vizio Sound Bar 5 Digit Universal Remote Codes
- How to program a universal remote to work with a Vizio Soundbar
- How to program a universal remote to work with your Vizio Soundbar using a code
- How to program a universal remote to work with your Vizio Soundbar using the code search function
- How to program a universal remote to work with your Vizio Soundbar using the manual setup
- Final Words
Vizio Sound Bar 4 Digit Universal Remote Codes
1517, 0660, 0883, 1009
Vizio Sound Bar 5 Digit Universal Remote Codes
31517, 32454, 31975, 11144
Xfinity Remote Code Vizio Sound Bar
11758, 11756, 10864, 10885, 10178
Some other important codes which are working with the VB are VSB200, SB3820, VSB201, VHT215, S3821. We have tested these codes on Comcast remote controls, Verizon Fios, Xfinity X5 remote, Uverse, U-Verse, S10-S3, S10-S4, Atlas 1056B03, etc.
Now, you need to program your favorite remote then you can use it with your Soundbar. You can get the best methods below for how to program your remote to work with the Soundbar.
Note: Some of the Soundbars programed to accept the other IR to control them. So, apply the TV Volume IR into Vizio Soundbar.
How to program a universal remote to work with a Vizio Soundbar
There are three simple ways to set up or configure a universal remote to work with your Vizio Soundbar. Now we are going to guide you step by step on each one of them.
How to program a universal remote to work with your Vizio Soundbar using a code
The first method is using a keycode. With the correct code, you can program the universal remote to work with your Vizio Soundbar. The keycode identifies the brand and model of your device.
- The first step is to turn the Vizio Soundbar you want to configure ON.
- Then we press the TV button on your Universal Remote.
- Next, we need to press and hold the SETUP button of the Universal Remote until we see a light indicator flashing. (When the universal remote does this, it means that it has entered the Learning mode)
- Now you have to enter the code, which you can find on this website or on the instructions of the device you want to configure.
- Once you have entered the code, point the universal remote at the Vizio Soundbar and press and hold the power button.
- When the screen switches off, then you can release the power button.
If you have followed the steps, now your Vizio Soundbar will work with the universal remote. If your Vizio Soundbar is not working, repeat the steps using another code.
How to program a universal remote to work with your Vizio Soundbar using the code search function
Suppose you weren’t able to find a working code for your Vizio Soundbar. In that case, there is another method that you can try to set up your universal remote correctly. That method uses the universal remote search function to get the correct code.
- First, you need to turn the Vizio Soundbar you want to control ON. (Note: You must keep the remote control aimed at the component throughout the process.)
- On the universal remote, press and hold the CODE SEARCH button. When the indicator light illuminates, release the CODE SEARCH button.
- After that, press and release the device button corresponding to the type of device you want the universal remote control to operate.
- Now we should see an indicator light blink once and remain lit.
- Aim the remote control at the Vizio Soundbar and press and release the POWER ON-OFF button.
- Immediately right after the Vizio Soundbar turns off, you have to press and release the ENTER button.
- If you do not press the ENTER button within three seconds, the remote control will send the next code in the list, and you will be required to start over from Step 2.
If you have done the procedure correctly, you should already have your Vizio Soundbar working with the universal remote. When you find a working code using the method described, you can use the code retrieval function to identify the code for your device for future reference.
How to program a universal remote to work with your Vizio Soundbar using the manual setup
If none of the other methods has worked for you, you can still use the Manual Set up to configure the universal remote.
- First, you need to point your universal remote towards the remote control of the Vizio Soundbar you want to replace.
- Next, you need to press the SETUP button or MAGIC button, depending on the universal remote you have.
- Now you need to enter the code for manual programming that you can find on your universal remote instruction booklet.
- Next, you need to press a function to program on the universal remote, like TV VOLUME DOWN.
- Then you need to press and hold the corresponding button on the original remote of the Vizio Soundbar you are programming.
- After that, we should see a light blinking. That means that this function has been saved correctly, and we can use TV VOLUME DOWN on our universal remote.
You would need to repeat the above steps for every function you want to use with the universal remote. You have to press the SETUP button to let the universal remote know that you are done programming when you have finished.
This method copies the IR signal of your original remote to the universal remote, and you rarely would have to use it as usually the other methods should work.
Now we’re going to mention some more methods to fix some issues. So check them once.
Verizon Fios Key Fix
If you’ve programed your remote control perfectly but still some keys like VOL, Mute, or the A/V keys aren’t working then you should follow the below key fix feature method to fix.
- Simply, Press & Hold “OK” and “*” simultaneously. So, then the RED LED blinks twice after that it will be stay illuminated.
- Now, Press & Hold the which is “Not Working” correctly. Hence the remote control can try alternate codes for every 1 sec.
- You can “Release The Key” whenever the “TV Responds Correctly”
- Finally, Press “OK” then it will save the current settings automatically.
Even though, some of the remote codes might not work with the configurations like cable tv remote model or the sat tv remote. Then you need to program the unsupported device by setting up each and every key individually for the sake of send a code.
That means each and every button or the key on your remote needs to be programed for the remote then it will work. Each remote function will work by sending a code to the sound bar.
Vizio Soundbar And U verse Remote Control Fix
- By using the “1009 code” you can program the Vizio Soundbar to “TV” Key on the u verse remote.
- Use the “Manual Code” or the “Auto Scan Mode” to program your tv with the “DVD Key” on the remote.
- You need to send “Volume to TV Button” for this simply “Press ATT” and then “Press OK” after that “Enter 955” and then “Press TV” button
- Suppose, if you wanna “Power Off” all at once then you should “Press ATT” and then “OK” buttons, release, enter 977, again press “ATT” and then press “DVD” and “TV” buttons and then press “Enter” button.
We have presented an extensive list of codes for your universal remote. We have also guided you step by step through the many methods to program your universal remote.
We hope the universal remote codes and the programming methods have worked for you.
If you have another device, you can use the search on the top bar to find it. Alternatively, you also can go to our homepage and navigate the categories or brands to find them.
We are glad to have helped you.